Welcome Parents and Seniors to the Graduation page! We will be updating this page frequently throughout the year, so please check back often. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact the Senior Advisor.
Just a few short months from now, you will be the proud parent of a Kennedy Catholic graduate. We know it’s difficult to keep track of all the information and dates, so we are trying to keep you as informed as possible. If you have any questions that are not answered below, please review the other Senior class web pages or please email the Kennedy Catholic Senior Advisor.
Diploma: Please confirm the name that will be printed on your student's diploma at Graduation. We will use your student's information from Skyward for the diploma content. To confirm:
1. Login to your Skyward account;
2. At the top of the page under "Family Access" you will see your student's name;
3. Confirm the spelling and inclusion of information (ex. middle name or middle initial, hyphenated last name, etc.)
4. If you want any information OTHER than what is listed on each student's Skyward account, please let Mrs. Bacher know by November 15. For any changes to the printed name, please send an email to Mrs. Bacher with exactly how you would like your student's name to be printed on the diploma.
If the student's name - as it appears in Skyward - is accurate, you do not need to contact Mrs. Bacher. Any changes made once the diploma order has been submitted will result in an additional fee.
Ordering graduation announcements: There will be a student meeting on October 29 during Community period where students will receive order forms and more information. Ordering will take place during both lunches on November 13 and 14. Please expect the announcements to arrive in early April.
Cap and Gown Ordering and Distribution: At the class meeting on October 29 students will be asked to provide their height and weight for the cap and gown order. THIS IS THE ONLY THING STUDENTS NEED TO DO FOR CAP AND GOWN ORDERING. Gowns are rented and returned the night of the Graduation ceremony, caps and tassels are for each student to keep. Families will not need to order any of these items separately.
On Friday, May 22, the Senior Class will have graduation rehearsal and their Prom assembly. Caps and Gowns will be distributed at this event. Honor cords for National Honors Society will also be distributed at this time. World Language Honor Society cords will be distributed within the World Language Department.
Senior college and scholarship information: Please send a copy of every college acceptance letter and every scholarship offer to the Counseling Office by Friday May 1. Any information not reported (via copy of the award/acceptance letter) will not be included in the graduation awards program. Please email or deliver all letters and offers to Mrs. Jandusay in the Counseling Office.
- Baccalaureate Mass: 9:30am in the Kennedy Catholic Gym - everyone is welcome to attend; no ticket required.
- Senior Awards Breakfast: 11:00am in the Kennedy Catholic Cafeteria - Two tickets per graduate (graduate does not need a ticket). There will be no extra tickets available (students are free to ask other graduates if they have extra tickets). Honor cords for top 10 students will be distributed at this time.
- Graduation Ceremony: 6:00pm at Showare Center 625 W James St, Kent, WA 98032.
Diplomas will be available for pick-up on Tuesday, June 9 for students without any academic or financial holds. We do not mail diplomas - student must be present when picking up diploma.