Goodwin Scholars Application
For more information regarding the Goodwin Scholars program, please visit our webpage. Students must have a complete Kennedy Catholic admissions application by the deadline in order to be considered for the Goodwin Scholars program.
Applicant Contact Information:
Essay (please limit your response to two pages):
Read the short biography for Principal Goodwin and in your essay:
1. Reflect on qualities Principal Goodwin demonstrated that you particularly admire, or that you possess or hope to develop during your time at Kennedy Catholic.
2. Describe a specific time, an experience or an activity you have been involved in that showcases similar (or different) values that are important to you.
3. Describe how being a Goodwin Scholar, and having the opportunity to learn and develop leadership skills at a Catholic school, will help you pursue your educational and life goals.
4. Reflect on any personal attributes, perspectives, life experiences or skills you possess that would enrich the Kennedy Catholic community through your presence.
Letter of Recommendation:
Submit one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach, pastor or other individual familiar with you, your achievements and your future aspirations. The letter of recommendation should address these questions central to being a Goodwin Scholar:
1. What is your assessment of the applicant’s potential to be an effective leader and ambassador for Catholic education and Kennedy Catholic High School, particularly considering their prior life experiences and future goals and aspirations?
2. What qualities does the applicant demonstrate (be specific) to support your conclusion?
3. In what ways does the applicant evidence a commitment to service and/or understanding of others?