- Freshman Retreat Opportunities
- Sophomore Solidarity Retreat
- SEARCH Retreats
- Senior Retreat
- Senior Capstone Retreat
- Retreat Leader Application Forms
Two incredible retreat experiences are offered to Freshman.
The first is with LINK Crew. In late August, the new students of Kennedy Catholic participate in a special welcome day. The upperclassmen help new students get to know each other and learn the traditions and customs of Kennedy Catholic High School, and experience the "family atmosphere" of which we are so proud. Throughout the year, Freshmen can expect to do monthly activities with their LINK Crew leaders. Caroline Cacabelos and Katie Burns are the directors of this retreat day.
Instituted in 2015, the second retreat occurs the last weekend of February over the course of three days and is called "Freshman Retreat". Beginning on Thursday night, Freshman are welcomed by 60 leaders who are trained to build community, lead prayer and activities, and reinvigorate the Freshman Class with affirmation, lasting memories, and a deepening of their spiritual journey. Freshman come back to school Friday morning for a 24-hour on campus retreat that includes serving for three hours at a local non-profit, celebrating with a community meal and mass, and many other bonding activities that help students to connect with each other and the mission of Kennedy Catholic. This incredible retreat offers parents of upperclassmen the opportunity to get involved as well! Contact Caroline Cacabelos for more information.
The 2020 Sophomore Solidarity retreat will be hybrid this year! Campus Ministry is excited to share the following important details:
Retreat Format | Hybrid
This year's retreat will be held in hybrid model!
- Online via Zoom from 2-5pm (the link was sent to registered students on Thursday, November 5, 2020 via their Kennedy Catholic emails)
- In-person starting at 6:30pm at the Gym
- Students with last names beginning with letters A-N will arrive at the gym between 6:30-6:45pm.
- Students with last names beginning with letters O-Z will arrive at the gym between 6:45-7pm.
- Students opting out of the in-person component are invited to watch the livestream.
Service | "Pack the Bus!"
Let's pack the bus and stand in solidarity with our community!
- In support of our partner service agency, we invite students to help "pack the bus" with donations for Catholic Community Services of Western Washington's Thea Bowman Apartments.
- We are collecting:
- new pillows
- bath towels
- cleaning supplies
- laundry baskets
- frying and sauce pans
- cleaning supplies
- other household items
Who to Contact With Questions
Campus Ministry hosts three SEARCH retreats each year: the last weekend of October, the first weekend of December and the second weekend of March; Thursday through Saturday. These retreats are open to all Juniors and Seniors. We spend the weekend "SEARCHing" for self, church and God. Over 95% of our graduates attend this retreat with many serving as a leader. SEARCH has impacted thousands of students in it's 36+ years (that's 83+ SEARCH Retreats!) and continues to positively impact the spiritual lives of our students. Aires Patulot, Jenny Farrell '92, Greg Caldwell, and Nick McCluskey '05 as well as alum Nick Freeman '96 all help to coordinate SEARCH.
SEARCH RETREAT SIGN-UPS:
Search registration for juniors and seniors went live at 3pm on Friday, September 15. Your student needs to check their school email for the link to the online registration form. Only students can access this form. Space is limited to 48 students per Search, so early registration is recommended. You then need to fill out the permission slip and your student must return it to Campus Ministry by Monday, September 25 to hold their spot. There is no cost for this retreat. Contact Mr. Patulot with questions.
This popular 12-hour retreat is held at the University of Washington's Newman Center. Students are led through a day long reflection on their life thus far and look to the future of where they are headed in terms of their faith, community, and values. Multiple faculty members help coordinate this retreat. Both Campus Ministry and the Senior Class Officers help create the theme and activities for this memorable retreat. Contact Aires Patulot in Campus Ministry or Tara Bacher, Senior Class Coordinator, for more information.
Senior Capstone Retreat: this retreat is for students who desire a personal retreat as they anticipate transitioning from high school to college. This retreat will offer time for personal and communal prayer around the topics of discernment and God's call to be women and men for others. Contact Aires Patulot in Campus Ministry for more information.
Kennedy Catholic’s Campus Ministry has a comprehensive retreat program that strives to provide opportunities for our students to experience Christ through community, service to others, prayer and reflection, and personal growth. Peer retreat leadership is an aspect of all our retreats as we strive to graduate faithful leaders who follow Christ and feel called to help others become better disciples.
Leadership qualities that we seek:
- Well-rounded, inclusive, & authentic
- Aware of imperfections, but strive to live a life of holiness
- Open to growth and willing to be challenged
- Willing to reflect and share with others
- Passionate about helping others grow individually, in community, and in faith
- Look at your family commitments, school work load, sports, activities, and schedule before discerning which retreat you feel called to.
- Please note that you will be missing a day of school as a leader for any of our retreats in the fall.
- You must maintain a 2.5 GPA and be in good standing with the Campus Life Office.