Congrats to the 2018-2019 girls golf team, who won the NPSL tournament championship and advanced as a team to the State Championships! Alyssa Nguyen (above, left) place in the top 10 and accepted a scholarship to play golf at Gonzaga University.
The first official day of girls golf and the rest of our fall sports is Monday, August 26. Online registration opened August 1 and is required in advance of the first day of practice. The golf program offers two levels of play; varsity and junior varsity. Cuts may be made based on the number of interested participants.
Opening practice schedule:
- Monday, August 26. Tryouts at Glen Acres GC @ 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 27. Tryouts at Glen Acres GC @ 3:30 pm
- Wednesday, August 28. Meeting at Kennedy @ 3:00
- Thursday, August 29. Practice at Glen Acres @ 3:00
- Friday, August 30. No practice
- Monday, Sep. 2. No school/Labor Day
- Tuesday, Sept 3. Sports Media Day 3-4 pm/Golf rules clinic 4-5 pm
- Wednesday, Sept 4. Individual practice
- Thursday, Sept 5. Team practice 3-5 pm
- Friday, Sept 6.
Team practice 3-5. pm
All practices unless otherwise noted will be held at nearby Glen Acres Golf and Country Club. Students must provide their own transportation.
Games schedules will be posted online through NPSLathletics.org. Practice schedules will be released to the team when available.
Follow @OurLancerNation on Twitter for regular updates, highlights and to vote on our Lancer Student-Athlete of The Week poll.
Mary Margaret PlessHead Coach
Mary Margaret Pless took over as the girls golf head coach for the 2017-2018 school year. Pless comes to Kennedy Catholic most recently from Holy Names Academy where she led the Cougars to two WIAA 3A State Championships during her six seasons (2006-2012) leading the program.
A Seattle native, Pless followed up playing collegiate golf and graduating from the University of Washington with 16 years at the West Seattle Golf Course, eight of those as the Head Golf Professional. Today, Pless volunteers at countless local PGA events and enjoys travelling, working in her yard and spending time with her family.