Tuition Assistance - How to Apply
In order to better serve our families, the application for Kennedy Catholic High School tuition assistance and the Fulcrum Grant application have been combined into one easy application.
To apply for tuition assistance, complete the FACTS Grant and Tuition Assistance Application and comply with all document and deadline requirements. We will begin accepting applications on October 1, 2018. The application deadline for all incoming 9th grade students and returning students is December 31, 2018. Please complete the application as early as possible.
New applicants are notified of the amount of assistance received at the time of acceptance to Kennedy Catholic.
- Attend a complimentary “How to Apply for Tuition Assistance” seminar on Saturday, November 18 in the Dillman Center at Kennedy Catholic High School.
- FACTS Grant and Aid Application can be found here. New users need to create an account; returning users can log in using the same user name and password already in the system.
- Please have your 2016 1040 tax return available while completing the application. If you are unsure how to answer a question, click in the box and a “Help” screen will appear. Required fields cannot remain blank.
- Parents of students who live in separate households are expected to apply separately.
- Under the “Applicant Section”, you are required to say, “Yes”, to the question that asks, “Are you applying for Fulcrum Foundation tuition assistance?” There is no longer a separate application for Fulcrum grants. Instead, you will be asked questions specific to Fulcrum as you proceed through the application.
- Remember to indicate you are applying to Kennedy Catholic High School when prompted during the application process. Otherwise, we will not see your application.
- Payment is required upon completing the application. The non-refundable application fee of $24 is payable by credit or debit card.
- Note: FACTS will accept personal checks, but please be aware this may delay your application. It may take up to two weeks for FACTS to receive and process the check. Your application is not visible to Kennedy Catholic until the fee is processed.
- Your tuition assistance application is considered complete and ready for review when the following documents are attached to your FACTS application. Your application will not be reviewed unless all the required documents have been included.
- 2016 IRS Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040 EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. If applicant and co-applicant file separately, we require both tax returns for the same year. If you are unable to provide your tax return, we will verify your tax return and status directly with the Internal Revenue Service by requiring you to complete a form 4506. Contact the Business Office at 206.957.9704 or Buenafe@kennedyhs.org to obtain a 4506 form.
- If self-employed, the Schedule C is required and must be uploaded with your 2016 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ tax return.
- All 2016 W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for all employed parents.
- Other tax forms as applicable per the FACTS Grant and Aid application instructions.
- Please scan and upload required documents from your computer. PDF is preferred. If you are attaching a picture file (jpeg or bitmap), please make sure that the picture is legible to avoid any delays in processing. Parents may also fax or mail documents to FACTS but be aware that it may take 2-4 weeks for FACTS to process your application and documents and for the school to view. This may delay your application.
- The FACTS Fax number is 1-866-315-9264
- The FACTS Mailing address is: FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment P.O. Box 82524 Lincoln, NE 68501
- To meet the December 31 deadline, please allow three weeks from the date you mail the supporting documentation to be added to your record.
Contact FACTS Customer service at 1-866-441-4637 24 hours/day; 7 days/week with application questions. Please have your application ID number available when you call.