Welcome to the Technology Department website. Use the icons below to access information about the use of technology at Kennedy Catholic and to learn about our programs, pathways, and resources as well as future goals and plans for growth. Important information regarding policies, support, and FAQs is also included. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.
About the Technology Department
Technology is ever increasingly a part of our lives and this is especially true in education. It is the goal of the Kennedy Catholic Technology department to ensure technology serves as an aide and never a hindrance. Our use of technology at Kennedy Catholic is centered around our core values, mission, and philosophy as a school. Our goal is to:
- Provide access to technology resources and programs to support varied learning styles and needs.
- Strive to meet state and national standards for technology literacy and training including; OSPI technology standards and those recommended by ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) and the NCCE (Northwest Council for Computers in Education).
- Ensure college readiness includes proper use of technology devices, collaboration tools, and research skills.
- Provide ongoing training and professional development to students, faculty, and staff.
- Make the ethical use of all technology a priority in an age where digital citizenship is more important than ever and ensure technology use is in accordance with the Archdiocese of Seattle and Catholic teachings. Click HERE to find our published Technology Policies.
- Use technology to support collaboration and communication within the school community.
- Provide impeccable support and customer service to all students, faculty, and staff and research the latest tools and trends to bring the best possible educational value to our school.
The Kennedy Catholic Technology Department is here to answers questions and offer support. We would love to hear from you. Contact us anytime.