Saint Teresa of Calcutta Program
On September 4, 2016 in St. Peter's Square in Vatican City, His Holiness Pope Francis canonized Mother Teresa during the Sunday Mass celebrated as part of the Jubilee for workers and volunteers of mercy. Tens of thousands of people witnessed the ceremony, including 15 government delegations and 1,500 homeless people from across Italy. In honor, the former Blessed Mother Teresa program will now be the Saint Teresa of Calcutta Program.
The Saint Teresa of Calcutta program provides a bridge to independence by maximizing a student’s fullest potential through our comprehensive program of study, reinforcing of executive functioning skills, self-advocacy, and an emphasis on preparing our students for the competitive 21st century.
Elements of the Program
Every student deserves access to an excellent academic program, faith formation, a respectful environment and the opportunity for additional support when it is needed. Our differentiated curriculum offers suitable academic challenges for every student, including those with a wide range of abilities and learning styles. Students in the program have a variety of abilities and learning challenges. We look at each student's skills and abilities to determine if Kennedy Catholic can meet his/her needs. Learning differences include, but are not limited to:
- Autism (mild)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Visual Processing Disorder
- Executive Functioning Disorder
- Other Health Impairments
We are committed to helping students become strong self-advocates in charge of their own learning experiences. It is our goal to challenge each individual student with a purposeful and appropriate level and program of study and in a manner consistent with the curriculum at Kennedy Catholic High School. Every student enrolled in the Saint Teresa of Calcutta program is challenged to reach their full potential in a truly unique and innovative environment. It is our goal to serve a wide range of learner while at the same time offering a true and diverse high school experience. We want our students to feel accepted and respected. Our teachers are committed to their students' success both in college and career readiness by creating an individualized pathway for learning.
Please contact our Admissions Team for more information about the program.
- Specialized instruction
- Core curricular offerings in Theology, English, Social Studies, Math and Science
- Elective courses available to all students
- Small student-teacher ratio in a focused environment
- Close monitoring of student progress through the use of SMART goals
- Regular on-going learning assessment
- Support class focused on organization and study skills
- Ongoing collaboration with a case manager
- Coordination with appropriate student school district for referral of services
- Online assignments, grades, attendance, and discipline information updated on a scheduled basis
- Articulation with Kennedy Catholic course of studies
- Reinforcement of executive functioning skills
- Culminating Senior project
Renaissance STAR 360 is a comprehensive computer-based assessment tool that adapts to students performance. It allows educators, in particular the Saint Teresa of Calcutta staff, an opportunity to assess students for targeted instruction, goal setting, student growth, and monitoring of Career and College Readiness standards. STAR 360 has a number of different assessment tools including Math, Reading, and Early Literary, which provides us with reliable data on where students’ current benchmarks are.