Welcome Parents and Seniors to the Graduation page! We will be updating this page frequently throughout the year, so please check back often. If you have any questions that are not answered here, please contact the Senior Advisor.
Just a few short months from now, you will be the proud parent of a Kennedy Catholic graduate. We know it’s difficult to keep track of all the information and dates, so we are trying to keep you as informed as possible. If you have any questions that are not answered below, please review the other Senior class web pages or please email the Kennedy Catholic Senior Advisor.
- Senior Parents:
Please confirm the name that will be printed on your student's diploma at Graduation. We will use your student's information from Skyward for the diploma content. To confirm:
1. Login to your Skyward account;
2. At the top of the page under "Family Access" you will see your student's name;
3. Confirm the spelling and inclusion of information (ex. middle name or middle initial, hyphenated last name, etc.)
4. If you want any information OTHER than what is listed on each student's Skyward account, please let Mrs. Bacher know by November 18. For any changes to the printed name, please send an email to Mrs. Bacher with exactly how you would like your student's name to be printed on the diploma.
If the student's name - as it appears in Skyward - is accurate, you do not need to contact Mrs. Bacher. Any changes made once the diploma order has been submitted will result in an additional fee.
- Ordering graduation announcements: There will be a student meeting on November 7 during Advisory where students will receive order forms and more information. Ordering will take place during both lunches on November 14 and 15. Please expect the announcements to arrive in early April 2017.
- Tickets for Graduation Ceremony and Senior Awards Continental Breakfast: Each graduate will be granted 8 tickets for graduation and 2 tickets to the breakfast (graduates do not need a ticket). Watch your mailboxes in April for a ticket request form by which families can request extra tickets to the graduation ceremony. Extra tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All senior college and scholarship information is due to the Counseling Office: Please send a copy of every college acceptance letter and every scholarship offer to the Counseling Office by April 28. Any information not reported (via copy of the award/acceptance letter) will not be included in the graduation awards program.
- Cap and Gown Distribution: on Friday, May 26, the Senior Class will have graduation rehearsal and their prom assembly. Caps and Gowns will be distributed at this event. Honor cords for World Language Honor Society members will be distributed within the World Language Department. Cap and gown orders were placed in the fall. Parents do not need to order these from Herff Jones.
Sept 28 - Senior Parent Information Night
Sept 30 - Decorate the Senior Hall for Homecoming (after school)
Oct 7 - No School
Oct 8 - Homecoming Football Game
Oct 9 - Homecoming Dance at the Seattle Aquarium
Oct 10 - No School
Oct 14 - No School
Oct 19 - National Testing Day – Get College Application Help from Mr. Vinson in A023
Oct 26 - Dad and Daughter Dance
Oct 28 - First Quarter Ends
Nov 7 - Class Meeting with Herff Jones for Graduation Announcements
Nov 11 - Veterans Day – No School
Nov 15-16 - Order Graduation Announcements at Lunches
Nov 18 - Last Day to Register for Grad Night at $199
Nov 23-25 - Thanksgiving Break
Dec 16-31 - Christmas Break
Jan 16 - MLK Jr. Day – No School
Jan 18-20 - First Semester Exams
Jan 20 - First Semester Ends
Jan 23 - Class Meeting for ISLE Presentations
Jan 28 - Senior Retreat
Jan 27 - St. Vincent DePaul Senior Butler Auction
Feb 3 - Senior Butler Service Day
Feb 6 - Advisory ISLE Presentations
Feb 13 - Advisory ISLE Presentations
Feb 17-20 - Mid-Winter Break
Feb 21 - Mother and Son Dance
Feb 24 - Freshman Retreat – No School
Feb 27 - Advisory ISLE Presentations
Feb 28-Mar 3 - Senior ISLE Presentations
Mar 3 - Last Day to Register for Grad Night at $225
Mar 24 - Third Quarter Ends
Apr 4 - Graduation Announcements Arrive
Apr 17-21 - Spring Break
Apr 28 - College Acceptance and Scholarship Letters Due
May 1 - Class Meeting
May 5 - Last Day to Register for Grad Night at $250
May 8 - Class Meeting
May 26 - Prom Assembly, Graduation Practice, Field Day, and Moving Up Assembly
May 27 - Prom at the Space Needle
May 29 - Memorial Day – No School
May 30-Jun 1 - Second Semester Exams
Jun 2 - Baccalaureate Mass, Senior Breakfast, Graduation
Jun 2-3 - Grad Night
- Baccalaureate Mass: 9:30am in the Kennedy Catholic Gym - everyone is welcome to attend; no ticket required.
- Senior Awards Breakfast: 11am in the Kennedy Catholic Cafeteria - Two tickets per graduate (graduate does not need a ticket). There will be no extra tickets available (students are free to ask other graduates if they have extra tickets). Honor cords for top 10 students will be distributed at this time.
- Graduation Ceremony: 6pm in the Kennedy Catholic Gym - Eight tickets per graduate. (More tickets may be requested – see above for details. Note: premier reserved tickets and parking will be available for bidding at the Kennedy Catholic KATCH Auction).
Diplomas will be available on June 14 for students without any academic or financial holds.