Mother Teresa Program
The Blessed Mother Teresa program provides a bridge to independence by maximizing a student’s fullest potential through our comprehensive program of study, reinforcing of executive functioning skills, self-advocacy, and an emphasis on preparing our students for the competitive 21st century.
ELEMENTS OF THE PROGRAM
It is our goal to serve a wide range of learner while at the same time offering a true and diverse high school experience. We want our students to feel accepted and respected. Our teachers are committed to their students' success both in college and career readiness by creating an individualized pathway for learning.
Please contact our Admissions Team for more information about the program.
- Core curriculum offerings in Theology, English, Social Studies, Math, and Science
- A variety of elective courses available for all students
- Small teacher/student ratio in a focused classroom environment
- Close monitoring of student progress of smart goals
- Use of latest classroom technology
- College transition planning
- Reinforcement of organizational, study, executive functioning and test-taking skills
- Annual parent and student goal meeting and assessment
- Culminating Senior project
- Use of Renaissance Testing to establish and monitor student goals
Renaissance STAR 360 is a comprehensive computer-based assessment tool that adapts to students performance. It allows educators, in particular the Mother Teresa staff, an opportunity to assess students for targeted instruction, goal setting, student growth, and monitoring of Career and College Readiness standards. STAR 360 has a number of different assessment tools including Math, Reading, and Early Literary, which provides us with reliable data on where students’ current benchmarks are.